Happy Friday Everyone! I hope you all have had a good week. Here in Oregon we have had sun all week so it’s been easier to get out in to the yard or take a walk during our social distancing.
Here is my recipe for BBQ Pulled Pork for the Insta pot. It’s a family favorite. My husband was upset the first time I made it because I used a can of his Dr.Pepper. He’s from Texas and Dr. Pepper is there official drink. But he loved the flavor of the pork with it so now he’s willing to sacrifice a can of Dr.Pepper to the cause.
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches Insta pot Recipe
1-2 pound Pork loin (I’ve also used 2- 1.5 pound pork loins and comes out great)
1 can Dr.Pepper
2 ½ cups BBQ Sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays)
⅓ cup Brown Sugar
4 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
Rolls for Sandwiches
- Place pork and soda in pot
- In medium bowl mix – 2 cups BBQ sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Pour mixture over pork.
- Set the insta pot to manual for 45 minutes.
- Natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release.
- Shred meat in the pot. Once shredded remove pork to a serving dish.
- Add the remaining ½ cup of BBQ sauce to the meat. My family likes it saucy so I add more. I also put BBQ sauce on the table.
- Assemble sandwich.
Note: To help with the carb count on this meal I use a low carb tortilla and make a wrap.
Let me know how you liked the recipe. We always have left overs so there is always more for lunch the next day.
As always, please follow me on Instagram@beinglaurakmarshall
Until next time.