Week Two Dinner Meal Plan with Recipes
Welcome to week two of dinner meal planning. I think you and your family will enjoy these meals.
Our meals this week are:
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Tater Tots
- Peppers and Sausage with Rice
- Grilled Cheese / Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- Build Your Own Nacho’s
Chicken Noodle Soup
There are several great things about this recipe. You can scale it up or down depending on your needs. You can add all different types of vegetables and it freezes great. My trick for freezing is you don’t add the noodles to the soup you are freezing, so no soggy noodles.
4-8 cups Chicken Broth
Full head of Green Cabbage
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 Chicken Breasts baked and cubed Season with Salt Pepper and Paprika
2 cups Egg noodles or Noodles of your choice
Baked Chicken Breast
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Trim fat from chicken breasts
- Season breasts with salt, pepper, and paprika – both sides
- Line a baking sheet with foil
- Place chicken in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Let cool slightly and cube. Add to chicken broth and vegetables.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- Bring Chicken Broth to a low boil.
- Add all the other ingredients. Cook over low- medium heat until vegetables are done to your liking.
- Cook noodles per package directions.
- Once the large batch of soup is complete, separate out the amount of soup for the meal and left overs for the next day.
- Add noodles to meal portion.
- Cool remaining soup on stove top while eating your meal.
- Portion soup into freezer containers.
- Cool completely in the refrigerator before putting it in the freezer.
Note:When I portion out the leftover soup for freezing I make one – two portions for another night’s dinner and I make a few single serving portions that I can pack in lunches.
Using frozen soup
- Defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove soup from container and add to pot.
- Add the desired amount of chicken stock. I recommend 1-2 cups.
- Bring soup to a boil and add 2 cups of noodles.
- Reduce heat to low-medium.
- Cook until the noodles are done.
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Tater Tots- Instapot Recipe
1-2 pound Pork loin
1 can Dr.Pepper
2 ½ cups BBQ Sauce
⅓ cup Brown Sugar
4 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
Rolls for Sandwiches
- Place pork and soda in pot
- In medium bowl mix – 2 cups bbq sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Pour mixture over pork.
- Set the instapot to manual for 45 minutes.
- Natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release.
- Shred meat in the pot. Once shredded remove pork to a serving dish.
- Add the remaining ½ cup of BBQ sauce to the meat.
- Assemble sandwich.
Note: To help with the carb count on this meal I use a low carb tortilla and make a wrap.
Sausage and Peppers Skillet with Rice
This recipe is a family favorite. It also can be sized up very easily for bigger families or gatherings.
2 packs Sausage (28oz)
1 bag Frozen Peppers and Onions mix or 3 cups Fresh Bell Peppers and White onions cut into strips.
2 cups Rice or Cauliflower Rice per package instructions.
- Slice sausage into rounds.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat and add sausage.
- Heat sausage through for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add pepper and onion mix. Place the lid on the skillet for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir mixture regularly until cooked to your liking.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
Grilled Cheese / Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches with Fries
This meal is very kid friendly as well as an adult favorite. We typically have this meal on a Friday or Saturday night when we watch a family movie.
White Bread (2 per sandwich)
Margarine or Butter
Sliced Cheese of your Choice
Sliced Ham of your choice
French Fries or other frozen potato (Oven or airfryer) per bag instructions.
- Lightly butter one side of each piece of bread.
- Heat skillet or flat grill to medium.
- Place bread buttered side down and place one slice of cheese on each side.
- Once the buttered side of bread is lightly browned, flip one piece of cheese bread on to the other so the cheese meets.
- Continue grilling until desired color of brown.
- If making a grilled ham and cheese sandwich you’ll need an additional small skillet to heat the ham. Heat the small skillet to medium and add the ham. Heat through and add to one slice on cheesed bread. Then place the other cheesed bread slice on top.
Build Your Own Nachos
Who doesn’t like nachos, right? I’m sure there are people out there that don’t. We do Mexican Tuesday in our house instead of Taco Tuesday so we don’t burn out of tacos. But don’t worry tacos are in the rotation regularly.
Basic ingredients for nachos
Tortilla Chips – traditional, hint of lime, ect
Meat – Taco meat, carne asada, fajita chicken
Nacho Cheese or Shredded Cheese
Salsa or Pico
I hope you’ve been inspired by some of these meals to include in your family dinners.
Follow me on Instagram @beinglaurakmarshall